Fuchsia 'Delta's Sara'
hardy fuchsia ( syn. Deltas Sarah )
- sold out
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
A newly introduced, hardy fuchsia, that produces large, white and violet-blue flowers, which fade to maroon-purple and seem to drip from the branches for a long period throughout summer and autumn. Wonderful for adding lashings of colour to a mixed border, it will also flourish in a generously-sized pot and can be under-planted with seasonal bedding.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring.