- 2 litre pot
- £14.39 £17.99
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Fuchsia 'Genii' is a moderate-sized deciduous shrub that stands erect, featuring bright, yellow-green leaves. The plant produces single, small flowers that have up-curved, cerise sepals, complemented with reddish-purple petals. This borderline hardy fuchsia has a bushy growth habit and is best planted in asheltered area, away from cold winter winds.
- Garden care: For the best results, protect from cold, drying winds. To produce bushy, well-branched plants pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. In autumn, it is advisable to mulch the roots with a thick layer of well-rotted compost.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten