hardy fuchsia Sunray
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Variegated cream, green and red-flushed foliage, acts as a backdrop to the slender reddish pink buds, which open to reveal a plush purple corolla. Usually flowering non-stop from June to October, it's a showy addition to the front of the border, and will also look great when potted on the patio.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Pot grown plants should be overwintered in a sheltered spot, while those growing in borders will benefit from winter protection.