Fuchsia 'Walz Jubelteen'
upright bush fuchsia
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from spring 2020
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy ( may need winter protection)
The single pink flowers of this shrubby, award-winning fuchsia appear in profusion throughout summer, and although they are originally quite upright to outward-facing, they do become more pendent as they mature. A compact, shrubby plant, it is ideal for pots, or for filling gaps towards the front of the border.
- Garden care: To encourage growth, pinch out the growing tips of young plants after the sixth or seventh pair of leaves. During the growing season water regularly, applying a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Cut back to the permanent framework in early spring. Protect the roots with a generous layer of mulch in autumn, or move potted plants to a sheltered position in the garden during the worst of the winter weather.