- available to order from summer
- 13cm pot - 25cm dia
- Position: bright filtered or direct sunlight
- Soil: fertile, good quality potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current size: approximately 25cm diameter (+ or - 10%)
- Pot covers choose a 14cm pot cover
This is a gorgeous plant, which although it can be quite challenging will reward you with the most highly scented, exquisite flowers. The perfume from these plants is intoxicating, filling the surrounding area with fragrance. The perfectly formed rose like 'waxy' white flowers, which are often used in bridal bouquets, are supported by rich green glossy leaves to form a beautifully rounded plant. Delivered in bud and flower it is a delightful houseplant. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: There are a few golden rules to follow when growing this plant, an even temperature, good light and careful watering. Keep the compost moist but not saturated using soft water, or cooled kettle water, or room temperature rain water. Because they like humidity you could sit it on a tray of damp pebbles and mist the leaves, but don't mist the leaves when it is in flower. Feed with a high nitrogen liquid feed every week in spring and summer, then in the winter use a balanced fertiliser every 5-6 weeks.