Geranium × magnificum 'Rosemoor'
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
- 3 × 9cm pots
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: vigorous
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense clusters of saucer shaped, heavily veined rich violet flowers appear among deeply divided, mid-green leaves in one burst in midsummer. This vigorous plant quickly forms hummocks of attractive, deeply divided foliage that colours beautifully in autumn. It's an effective and low maintenance groundcover plant. Although it will take some shade, it flowers best in a sunny site.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.