- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large deep blue, saucer-shaped flowers with distinctive white centres from June to September among deeply divided mid-green leaves. This lovely cranesbill is a comparatively recent introduction, valued for its intense blue blooms and long-flowering season. It's excellent for suppressing weeds at the front of a mixed or herbaceous border or as part of a blue colour-themed scheme.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.