Geranium 'Mavis Simpson'
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: vigorous
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Loose clusters of funnel shaped, light pink flowers with paler centres and grey-green leaves. This vigorous, light pink geranium is an excellent groundcover plant for a cottage garden or herbaceous border. It quickly forms dense drifts of trailing stems and deeply divided leaves, covered in flowers from June to August. Prefers a sunny site.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.