Geranium pratense 'Mrs Kendall Clark'
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pearl-grey, saucer-shaped flowers with pale grey stripes on the petals appear in summer among finely cut mid-green leaves. This exquisite meadow cranesbill is one of the tallest and most vigorous hardy geraniums. It is ideal for the front of a sunny border though it can also cope with a fairly shady spot. Try it in a wildflower meadow too, where it can self-seed freely.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.