- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This vigorous Armenian cranesbill produces a mass of shallow cup-shaped, vivid magenta flowers with black centres and veins from early to late summer. It quickly forms loose hummocks of deeply cut, mid-green leaves, which turn a fabulous shade of red in autumn. An excellent plant for the middle of the border.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.