Geranium Rozanne ('Gerwat') (PBR)
RHS Chelsea Flower Show Plant of the Centenary
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Winner of the RHS Plant of the Centenary at Chelsea Flower Show 2013
Large (up to 5cm across), saucer-shaped, violet-blue flowers with white centres appear throughout the summer above the mounds of slightly-marbled, deep green foliage. Perfect for underplanting roses, or filling a few gaps in the front of a border, it copes well in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: In midsummer rejuvenate plants that are beginning to look jaded, by removing old flowered stems and leaves. Lift and divide large colonies in spring.