Gladiolus 'Robinetta' (recurvus hybrid)
- available to order from winter
- 10 corms
- Bulbs (only) £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need some winter protection)
- Bulb size: 10/12
Flowering earlier than many of the taller gladioli, 'Robinetta' produces clusters of magenta-pink flowers, each with paler markings, from early summer. Their soft structure makes them well suited to herbaceous borders, while their low-growing habit means they are quite happy in pots and containers.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10cm deep and 10-15cm apart, on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown and store the corms in a dry, frost-free place over winter.
- Pets: Harmful if eaten; Humans: Ornamental bulbs - not to be eaten