Haworthia fasciata 'Big Band'
- sold out
- 11cm pot-17.5cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light/moderate shade
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flowering period: summer
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 17.5cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 12cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A delightful succulent which is a close relative of the aloe plant, with distinctive green fleshy leaves, etched with strong white lines growing as a rosette. The leaves have pronounced ridges running across them, hence the rather lovely common name 'fairies washboard'. This is a great beginners plant that won't take up much space. Although they can have small white flowers held above tall wiry stems, it is the beautiful leaves that it is grown for.
- Home care: Needs very little care. Water sparingly when required and keep in an even warm environment. As an added bonus, this plant often produces small baby plants, or offsets, at the base of the main rosette of leaves, which can be potted up to give to all your friends!