Hebe 'Heartbreaker' (PBR)
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well drained and fertile
- Flowering period: June - August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need protection in colder winters)
Recently introduced to the commercial market, this is a wonderful, evergreen shrub that will put on a colourful display throughout the year. The slender, cream-edged, green leaves form neat mounds, and look very pretty throuhghout the spring and summer. When the temperatures drop they take on a vivid pink flush, which lasts until the spring. It is mainly grown for this decorative foliage, but in summer it also produces clusters of mauve-coloured flowers. Its compact, rounded habit makes it ideal for and ideal specimen for a pot, but it also looks sensational towards the front of the border.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring. Protect from severe winter weather.