Hebe 'Red Edge'
- available to order from late autumn
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor or moderately fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Lilac-blue summer flowers appear on short spikes, fading to white, among grey-green leaves with narrow red margins and veining when young. This small, spreading, evergreen shrub makes an attractive low, informal hedge or edging plant for a mixed border. In an urban or coastal site, it needs protection from cold, drying winds.
- Garden care: Needs minimal pruning. Remove misplaced or frost damaged branches in late spring.