Hedera helix 'Buttercup'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes No.3 potting compost for container-grown plants)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: October to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of yellowish-green autumn flowers, followed by spherical black fruit and large, five-lobed, pale green to buttercup yellow leaves. The foliage of this vigorous, self-clinging, evergreen climber is best in full sun. An excellent variety for covering a sunny wall, it's a great companion for the cheerful, yellow, lantern-shaped flowers of Clematis tangutica.
- Garden care: Water regularly during the growing season. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy