Hedera helix 'Goldchild'
English ivy or common ivy
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes No.3 potting compost for container-grown plants)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Relatively small and lustrous, the three to five-lobed, grey-green leaves have bold yellow margins, which almost makes them look luminous in a shadier spot. A versatile, evergreen climber, it is ideal for covering an unsightly wall or fence.
- Garden care: Plant in a sunny site sheltered from cold, drying winds and water regularly during the growing season. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds. Protect from excessive cold or hard frosts.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin irritant/allergen