Hedera helix 'Oro di Bogliasco'
common ivy ( syn. Hedera Goldheart)
- available to order from midsummer
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes No.3 potting compost for container-grown plants)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: October to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of yellowish-green autumn flowers, followed by spherical black fruit and glossy, three to five-lobed, dark green leaves, which are irregularly daubed in gold. This vigorous, self-clinging, evergreen climber is perfect for covering walls and fences and dry shady areas under shrubs and trees. It's an excellent choice for the wildlife garden since it supports a wide range of native species.
- Garden care: Water regularly during the growing season. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin irritant/allergen