- available to order from late autumn
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Position: full sun or full shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This vigorous evergreen climber can be variable, with veined or plain big glossy ovate or triangular leaves which are excellent for covering large walls and fences - or hiding eyesores. It's aerial roots, that form along the stems, enable it to cling to support, so no trellis or wires are needed, but it is also often planted on slopes to stabalise soil and provide year-round ground cover. It can have small insignificant greenish flowers that won't look much to us humans, but these are loved by pollinating insects. Then it can go on to produce black berries, which the birds and wildlife will devour. The evergreen foliage is also useful for offering much needed shelter for many insects and birds, so all in all this is a great addition to a wildlife garden.
- Garden care: Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy