Helleborus niger Harvington hybrids double-flowered
Christmas rose hellebore
- in stock
- 1 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: heavy, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: January to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need protection in winter)
Gorgeous, double white, bowl-shaped flowers from January to February (occasionally earlier) and clumps of leathery, dark green leaves. This pretty Christmas rose looks great planted in bold groups towards the front of a partially shady mixed border. Although it prefers a heavy, neutral to alkaline soil, once established it will tolerate drier conditions.
- Garden care: Add lots of well-rotted leaf mould or organic matter to the planting hole. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted organic matter around the base of the plant in autumn and provide a top-dressing of general fertiliser each spring.
Goes well with
10 lt pot (1.5-1.8m)
available to order from autumn