Eventual height & spread
Hibiscus syriacus Blue Chiffon ('Nowood3') (PBR) (Chiffon Series)
- available to order from autumn
- 3 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moist but well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, double, blue flowers with a neat swirl of smaller petals in the centre appear from August to October. This is an award winning tree hollyhock that makes an excellent specimen plant for a sheltered, sunny border. Unlike some of the older, double varieties it stands up particularly well to wind and rain.
- Garden care: To encourage a bushy habit prune young plants hard in late spring. After pruning apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. Once established it requires little if any regular pruning.
Please note the plant is supplied in a black plastic pot,but if you do wish to pot it up for the patio we have a great range on our website.