Eventual height & spread
Hibiscus syriacus Magenta Chiffon ('Rwoods5') (PBR) (Chiffon Series)
- In stock (shipped within 7-9 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, moist but well-drained, neutral to slightly alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The latest of the new 'Chiffon' hibiscus, this has been bred by Roderick Woods in Norfolk, and it has wonderful reddish pink flowers, each packed with lots of slightly ruffled petals that create a slightly frilly effect. The flowers appear late in the season, which makes this resilient deciduous shrub perfect for continuing the display in the shrub border well into autumn.
- Garden care: To encourage a bushy habit prune young plants hard in late spring. After pruning apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. Once established it requires little if any regular pruning.
Please note: the plant is supplied in a nursery pot, but if you do wish to pot it up for the patio we have a great range on our website.