- Available in 4 weeks
- 17cm pot - 80cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 80cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
One of the most popular palms which if you stepped back into the Victorian times would have been seen in many a drawing room. They are still popular today as they are easy to grow, evergreen and will complement most rooms. Keep them away from direct sunlight as this can burn the leaves, and away from cold draughts.Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: The golden rule is not to leave this plant sitting in water,- they like a moist soil but won't like to have the roots being sodden so feel the top of the soil before watering. In the winter it will still need watering but not as much. It likes humidity, so mist the leaves regularly in hot weather or if it is in a warm room.
Avoid repotting until it is really potbound as they don't like to be disturbed.