Hoya lanceolata subsp. bella
wax plant / waxflower
- in stock
- 12cm pot - 45cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright light
- Soil: freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This is a gorgeous shrubby climber with waxy leaves and tight clusters of red-eyed white flowers, which also look quite waxy, but true to its common name of honey plant, they also have a deliciously sweet fragrance. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: To encourage the formation of flower buds, try to position the plant where it will receive bright light - and even a little direct sun at either the beginning or end of the day. Throughout the summer you should always keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. In the colder months water less often, just giving it a good drink when the soil gets reasonably dry. Mist the leaves with water, especially if they are growing near central heating and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser at monthly intervals while the plant is actively growing. Maintain temperatures above 10C in winter.