wax flower or porcelain flower
- 12cm pot | hanging pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: general-purpose potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current trailing length: approximately 50cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot: supplied in a hanging pot (may be white or green)
The long, slender foliage of this hoya creates a cascading effect along the length of the trailing stems, and if the plant receives enough light, it may also produce clusters of sweetly scented wax-like cream flowers.
- Home care: To encourage the formation of flower buds, try to position the plant where it will receive bright light - and even a little direct sun at either the beginning or end of the day. Throughout the summer you should always keep the soil moist but not waterlogged. In the colder months water less often, just giving it a good drink when the soil gets reasonably dry. Mist the leaves with water, especially if they are growing near central heating, and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser at monthly intervals while the plant is actively growing. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter.
Please note: all our indoor hanging pots include drainage holes to prevent waterlogging. We recommend taking them down to water in the sinkor on a saucer, and leaving them to drain before rehanging.