Humata tyermanii 'Bunny'
hare's foot fern
- sold out
- 12cm pot - 18cm tall
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 18cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The foliage of this plush fern is a rich green, and it unfurls from softly hairy rhizomes that creep along the top of the compost and eventually dangle over the sides of the pot. This is one of the easiest ferns to grow. It will flourish in a brightly lit spot (away from direct sunlight), and as it loves high humidity, is happiest in bathrooms or kitchens - ideally away from radiators.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water regularly in the growing season (less in winter and in areas of low humidity), mist the leaves with water on a regular basis, or place the pot on pebbles in a tray filled with water. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and avoid summer temperatures above 25°C. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.