- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 10 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 6/7
English bluebells are much loved for their stout spikes of bell-shaped, blue flowers in April and May. They are perfect for naturalising in a partly shaded woodland garden or underneath the canopy of deciduous trees. They quickly spread to form large clumps, so if you want to keep the numbers down in herbaceous or mixed borders, it's best to remove the faded flowerheads to prevent the plant from becoming invasive.
These are sold as bulbs from seed raised plants, which are grown in Norfolk from a licenced breeder.
- Garden care: Plant in naturalistic drifts 10cm deep and at 10cm intervals. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the grass until after the leaves have died back.