Hyacinthus orientalis 'Peter Stuyvesant'
garden hyacinth bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 5 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size:16/17
A richly coloured hyacinth that will add real oomph to the spring bedding scheme. The flowers have a good scent and they are a deep shade of violet-blue. Great for pots, borders or cutting.
- Garden care: Pot up and bring indoors if you want them to flower in January, otherwise plant 15cm deep and 10cm apart in a bright spot. For safety reasons always use gloves when handling these bulbs.