Hyacinthus orientalis 'Sky Jacket'
garden hyacinth bulbs
- 10 + 5 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 5 bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained, moderately fertile soil (for container-grown bulbs use two parts John Innes No2 compost to one part sharp grit)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 16/17
The soft pastel shade of the flowers will blend well with soft pinks and white, as well as offering a calming tone to richer purples and plums. They smell divine and make excellent cut flowers.
- Garden care: Pot up and bring indoors if you want them to flower in January, otherwise plant 15cm deep and 10cm apart in a bright spot. For safety reasons always use gloves when handling these bulbs.