Hydrangea macrophylla 'Teller Pink'
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
From the Teller Series, this deciduous shrub has serrated green leaves and in summer, compact lace-cap flower heads up to 20cm across bear clusters of tiny flowers surrounded by large, showy florets. ‘Teller Pink’ varies in colour depending on the acidity of the soil and can range from rich rose to purple or deep blue.
- Garden care: Improve the soil prior to planting by adding plenty of well-rotted manure or garden compost, adding mycorrhizal fungi (Root grow) to aid establishment. Hydrangeas do not like to dry out so keep them well watered during hot, dry weather. If they do start to suffer, soak the roots with a hose and they will usually recover. Remove faded flowerheads in spring after the danger of frosts, cutting back the flowered stems to a strong pair of buds. Take out misplaced or diseased shoots. Mulch young plants with well-rotted manure or compost in spring. Once established, remove a quarter to a third of the shoots to the base of the plant.
- Humans: Skin allergen; Pets: Harmful if eaten