Hydrangea paniculata Little Lime ('Jane') (PBR)
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
It may be half the size of its sibling 'Limelight', but this fab new hydrangea still packs a pretty good punch. It has strong stems that support the weight of the conical, lime green flowers, which fade to cream and then blush-pink as the season progresses. It's great if you want a hard-working and colourful plant where space is limited. It can also be grown in large pots if kept well watered. The flower-heads are excellent in dried arrangements.
- Garden care: To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cutting back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.
- Humans: Skin allergen; Pets: Harmful if eaten