Hydrangea paniculata 'Silver Dollar'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense trusses of creamy-white flowers open from the base of the spike from midsummer to early autumn and gradually become pinker as they age. This compact hydrangea is ideal for adding late colour to the shrub border and the flower-heads can be picked for dried arrangements.
- Garden care: To enhance flowering prune hard in early spring, cutting back the previous season's shoots to within a few buds of the permanent, woody framework of the plant.