- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 13cm pot- 25cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: freely draining potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
This distinctive plant forms a swollen, fleshy stem, which is topped during the warmer months with a crown of gently ruffled deep green leaves. In good conditions, the plant may also produce an upright stalk, topped with a cluster of small orange flowers - followed by near-black berries. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water regularly during the summer, but never leave it sitting in water for any length of time, and let the compost get quite dry before watering again. In autumn, cut back on the water, and water only rarely in winter, when the plant goes into it's dormant phase and sheds its leaves. Maintain temperatures above 12°C and avoid placing too close to radiators.