- available to order from spring 2020
- 1 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
This pond plant dies right back in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Depth of water: 0-8cm (0-3in)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: insignificant brown flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Commonly found on damp moors and grassland, this perennial makes a fine addition to the margins of a pond. The upright stems are dark green and in summer are accompanied by tight clusters of small brown flowers. Wonderful for adding vertical interest beside water, it will also grow in pots and containers provided there is reliable moisture.
- Garden care: From mid-spring to early summer lift and divide congested colonies.