(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- approx 25 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, preferably alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Butterflies and bees will love the pincushion-like flowerheads of this native perennial, which appear over a long period from midsummer. An ideal candidate for wildflower meadows or mixed herbaceous borders, its flowers, which top tall, slender stems, will last well and look elegant when cut for the vase.
- Garden care: As these plants develop a long tap root, they are best sown directly into a well prepared bed in thin rows that are 30cm apart. Keep well watered and thin out to 30-60cm intervals, removing the weaker seedlings as they develop. Alternatively, start them off in pots filled with a good seed compost and then carefully transplant - taking care not to damage the roots.
- Sow: March - May or September - October
- Flowering: July - September
- Approximate quantity: 25 seeds.