Lathyrus odoratus 'Spencer Waved Mix'
spencer sweet pea seed
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 35 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
If you want a cacophony of colour and a garden filled with heady perfume, then this ready-made blend might be just the ticket. It contains a mix of sweet peas that have been chosen for their outstandingly high quality blooms, which appear in shades of pink, lilac, red and white. A classic for the summer garden.
- Garden care: From October to late March, sow seeds into pots filled with good-quality seed compost and place them in a cold frame. Pinch out the tips as the plants grow to encourage them to become bushier, and harden off before planting out in a sunny spot from April onwards. Direct sowings can be made in October or March. It is important to remove the faded flowers before they set seed, so picking them to fill a vase inside will only encourage more to form.
- Sow: October-March
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 35 seeds.