Lavandula stoechas subsp. stoechas Lilac Wings ('Prolil') (PBR)
- available to order from spring 2020
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Selected for its compact habit and abundant lilac flowers in late spring. Suitable for production in smaller pots. Selected by John Burrows of Pro-Veg. Seeds in less than ideal conditions for Lavenders - on east facing clay-gravel soil in East Anglia
As it's borderline hardy it is best grown in a container in colder areas of the country and should be over-wintered in a cool greenhouse or conservatory.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded to retain a compact shape. Carefully trim back in April, taking care not to cut into old wood.