Leucanthemum × superbum 'Banana Cream'
- available to order from summer
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Lush-looking dark green foliage clothe the stout upright stems, and throughout summer lashings of large, pale yellow flowers appear, fading to white as they mature. Regular deadheading will encourage even more to form, alternatively cut them while they are still fresh and add them to a vase where they can last up to two weeks.
- Garden care: Cut the flowered stems back to ground level in autumn. Divide congested colonies in early spring or late summer.