(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- approx 250 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A variable, but nonetheless charming native species, that is good for quickly colonising areas of bare earth. It is often found growing in bold swathes on grassy banks or roadside verges, where its daisy-like flowers will attract bees and other pollinating insects in late spring and early summer. It’s perfect for naturalising in a sunny wildflower meadow, and if deadheaded after the initial flowers have faded, it may go on to produce a second flush later in the season.
- Garden care: Sow seed into a well-prepared bed in autumn or spring and thin the seedlings as they grow on. Alternatively, sow under glass in seed trays, and gradually harden off the plants before planting outside after all risk of frost has passed. Once established, divide over-congested clumps in autumn or spring.
- Sow: March-May or September-October
- Flowering: May - July
- Approximate quantity: 250 seeds