Liriope muscari 'Monroe White'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- 3 x 9cm pots
- Standard £4.95
- Position: partial to full shade, but will tolerate a sunnier spot if the soil is reliably moist.
- Soil: well-drained, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A low maintenance plant that works equally well in containers or borders. It looks very effective when used to line the edges of a partially shaded pathway, or when planted throughout a woodland floor where it will add year-round interest. The larger than average, pure white flowers appear in short racemes at the top of green stalks and create a vibrant contrast to the rich green foliage.
- Garden care: To encourage new growth, cut off tired-looking leaves down to the ground in spring. This is also the time to lift and divide large clumps.