Liriope muscari 'Okina' (PBR)
- in stock
- 9cm pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: partial to full shade, but will tolerate a sunnier spot if the soil is reliably moist.
- Soil: well-drained, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A very unusual lily-turf emerging with white strap like foliage, that slowly ages to a lightly speckled, frosted leaf through to a pure green when mature. Then in late summer it produces masses of violet-blue spiked flowers, that look stunning against the changing foliage. An easy to grow, eyecatching, low maintenance evergreen clump forming plant that will lighten up a shady corner.
- Garden care: To encourage new growth, cut off tired-looking leaves down to the ground in spring. This is also the time to lift and divide large clumps.