- available to order from late summer
- 9cm pot
This pond plant dies right back in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Depth of water: 0-30cm (0-12in)
- Soil: deep, fertile, moist soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This impressive perennial produces showy red flowers that really stand out from the crowd. They form in tall spires, which if cut back after the flowers have faded, will usually go on to form lateral shoots that will carry even more flowers later in the season. This usually ensures that there is a continuous display of flowers from early summer to mid-autumn. An exotic-looking plant that looks great at the edge of a pond or forming generous drifts in a bog garden.
- Garden care: Plant out in reliably moist soil, or pot up into a pond basket and place at the margins of a pond.
- Harmful if eaten