Lonicera × tellmanniana
(shipped in 2-4 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Bright, tubular unscented flowers the colour of burnt amber, and flushed red in bud, smother this honeysuckle from May to July. This gorgeous, deciduous climber looks lovely as the backdrop for a planting scheme based on 'hot' colours. One of the most unusual honeysuckles, it flowers best on a south-west wall in full sun to light shade with its roots in deep shade.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.