Lonicera henryi 'Copper Beauty' (PBR)
- available to order from summer
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
The new foliage of this evergreen, twining climber emerge a distinctive bronze colour, but gradually fade to green as they age. From early summer the yellow flowers start to appear, these contrasting beautifully with the colourful foliage.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.