Lonicera periclymenum 'Serotina'
late Dutch honeysuckle
- 3 litre pot | 60cm cane
- available to order from autumn
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A classic cottage garden climber with large, fragrant, tubular, creamy-white flowers, streaked dark red-purple, that give it a two-tone appearance. In hot summers, the flowers may be followed by small, bright red fruits. This deciduous honeysuckle flowers later than most varieties, and will keep on producing scent and flowers for several weeks in late summer and autumn. It looks lovely scrambling over a wall or fence or growing through a robust tree and it prefers light shade.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten
Goes well with
W110cm D40cm H228cm
In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)