Lonicera periclymenum 'Strawberries and Cream' ®
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 3 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
When we discovered this amazing plant at one of the plant fairs we just had to have it! It produces masses of flowers just like the much-loved climbing form, but it grows as a relatively compact shrub, which lends itself particularly well to patio pots. The flowers have a deliciously sweet perfume and will appear over a long period from midsummer onwards - and they are loved by bees and butterflies.
- Garden care: Cut back established plants after flowering, removing a third of the flowering shoots. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted compost or manure around the base of the plant in early spring.