Lophomyrtus × ralphii 'Magic Dragon' (PBR)
- Available in 4 weeks
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection)
This is an attractive evergreen shrub, with colourful foliage that will make a great year-round specimen in a large pot or sheltered shrub border. The small oval leaves are a lovely blend of burgundy, cream and pink, so they offer a good contrast to shrubs with plainer green foliage. When mature small white flowers with a delicate scent appear from early summer.
- Garden care: Remove dead, diseased or misplaced branches in late winter or early spring. Offer winter protection in cold or exposed positions and avoid overwatering during the colder months.