(shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 12cm pot - 25cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £10.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The tropical-looking foliage of this eye-catching house plant has a row of distinctive dark brownish splotches on the upper surface, which run down the length of the leaf on either side of the midrib. These splotches are at their darkest when the leaf is young, but then the colour starts to change, becoming greener and paler as the leaf ages. Also, at night, the leaves will often fold up on themselves (hence the common name of prayer plant), but open up again each morning.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15°C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, so either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.