Molinia caerulea subsp. caerulea 'Moorflamme'
- 2 litre pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, but well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Superb for introducing movement into your garden. Choose a sheltered spot, ideally exposed to a light breeze and the delicate panicles of slender airy plumes of tiny purple flowers will gently sway above dense arching tufts of deep green foliage, turning purplish in autumn. By late autumn, the stems and foliage of 'Moorflamme' turn orange-bronze.
- Garden care: When planting, avoid waterlogged or very dry soils. Ornamental grasses require very little maintenance, cut back in late winter before the new foliage appears.