bells of Ireland
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 200 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August
- Hardiness: tender annual
Long spikes of small, fragrant, white to pale purplish-pink flowers, which are surrounded by a pale green collar-like calyx, appear from late summer. They make great additions to fresh bouquets where they provide a perfect foil for showier colours, and if dried will add structure and interest to longer-lasting arrangements.
- Garden care:Sow early under glass by sprinkling the seed on top of good seed compost and lightly cover. Maintain the temperature between 15-20°C and water when necessary. When large enough to handle, pot up the seedlings and grow on before hardening off. They can be planted out after all risk of frost has passed. Alternatively sow in situ in late spring.
- Sow: March-June
- Flowering: August-October
- Approximate quantity: 200 seeds.